Themen-Optionen
Alt 07.11.2006, 11:19
Benutzerbild von issthanar
issthanar issthanar ist offline
Immortal
Hueter des heiligen Grals

Shortstory - Payback

eine alte Geschichte.
zerreist sie. noch auf Englisch. sorry. ist auch noch mieses Englisch.

Payback

Monday. 14h. Rainy. Office of the Rattlesnake.

So Mr. S, I found the thing you were looking for. And I must admit that I did not want to believe what I found, but as I always say, I AM the best bounty hunter there is. And you paid me well. Now...“
Where is he?“ Sam barked, astonished by his own sudden sharpness.
Calm down mister, that was the point I was coming to. Now, I can’t give the kid to you. It’s kind of...“
It is a kid?“ Sam seemed relieved and happy to hear that. I was right. All the time, 10 years now...’
Now, Mr. S., I Know that I have never turned down a customer before and it did not matter what the relationships between prey and hunter were, but in this case...“
Sam stood up and yelled „Another three grand for you if you give him to me!“ Sam’s face was red with anger and anticipation. He nearly looked aggressive. But, Sam knew that the rattlesnake would simply beat and kill him if it got to a fight, and the snake was most surely armed.
The leather clad bounty hunter smiled. „No. Keep your money. I will return you the money you paid me up until now. I will not allow anything to happen to the target of your desire. It doesn’t matter what you want to do to him, I will not allow anybody to see him. Even if I lose my 100% capture rate. Any other questions Mr. S.?“
Sam trembled, calmed and sat down. There he was, a middle aged weak college professor, seeing his lifes aim crumble away, watching the athletic muscular bounty hunter called the rattlesnake... He had invested years of his savings into this project. He had studied, researched, he even found the naming code...
I have to admit, Mr. S., initially I thought you were looking for a fellow professor of yours, with all those vague information you gave me I thought this to be a college game. Well it was the hunt of my life, and I am much wiser now. Thank you Mr. S. The money will be on your account within the hour.“
Sam stood up, saddened, and walked to the door. “Never mind, Mr. Rattlesnake. You did your job. Keep the money, I learned much now that I know that he exists. Keep the money, a man has to pay his dues.”
Strange fellow’, the rattlesnake thought, but it was a rather strange hunt. ‘I have to hide him somewhere, but where?’ He lit a cigarette, walked to the window and looked out. ‘He is alive… wow. What does that tell us about life? What about the others? I will quit this job, I do not want to end up hunting Satan one day.’ He saw Sam passing quickly to his car and bolting away with screeching tires. ‘Poor fellow. Like all scientists he knew it somehow, but I won’t allow science to destroy him. Or harm him. Whatever he is.’

Monday, 14:10h. Motorway 9. Fast lane. Still Rainy. And Thundery.

Hi honey-bunny. Love you.” Sam tried to sound happy. But he wasn’t. This stupid bounty hunter started to create a consciousness at the very wrong moment.
Hiiiiiii! I miss you darling!” He always felt better when he heard her voice. He loved that woman. Somehow she was still a girl in his eyes, although she grew up, like him, in the last decade. “Something wrong? You never call me during work time…”
No, Hon, just wanted to tell you that I love you, and that there is a card box with 3000 $ under the old bible collection. I’ll be late tonight.”
Suddenly the woman became scared. “What are you up to hon? Sam, you acted very strange in the last couple of days, what’s the matter? Sam?
Everything’s great, Tricia, everything’s great. A man has just to pay his dues.” He hung up. That was rude, he thought, poor girl is now worried. But a man has to pay his dues. Always. What world would that be without payment? Eye for an eye… the bible sure had strange ideas… but on the other hand…

Monday 14:11h, Channel 7 news building. Rainy and stormy.

Sam! Sam! Don’t do anything stupid! Do you have trouble? Dues? Sam!” She realized that he hung up. What could have happened? He did act strangely, as long as she knew him that is. He was caring and lovely, but many a time he would just read his old books and mumble and write something on papers, which he then hid from her… And he did not buy himself anything in the past 2 years… He was in money trouble. Why didn’t he tell her? Now she was worried. Very.

Monday 14:20h, Channel 7 New building, Rainy, less stormy. Phone call.

Sis? It’s Tricia.”
Hi, Trish.”
Stop that. You know I hate that name.”
What’s the matter, Sister? I thought you and that professor of yours were on cloud 9 or 7 or so?”
He is a great guy, but…”
But? He drinks? Beats you? I told you to drop that loser. There ain’t nothing good coming from that leanie.”
He is a professor! At college!”
For what? Hemp and weed?”
Never mind that I called…” Tricia regretted calling her sister, like she always did. Her sister has always been jealous of her, and always sought for things to criticize… But maybe this time she was right… “Well, it’s Sam. He has money problems and I think he is about to do something stupid.”
Oh, Trish, I’m Sorry… did he steal from you?”
No. No… No!” ‘Well, not that I know of’, Tricia thought. She was becoming unsure…
And then his ‘A man has to pay back his dues’… remember when he ran after father for 2 years to return the money for his car?”
But he did return the money!” After 2 years that is… and it was a gift of her dad…
See, mother always told you that he was wrong. I mean he is not even American!”
Oh stop that!’
Tricia hit the phone with full force and started to sob. What was happening. She knew. She would drive home and look what is in those papers. Then she would call the police. She could not have loved someone for 10 years now. Not for nothing. And she would check her account if there was any money missing.

Monday 14:30h, Old storehouse by the woods, Rattlesnake’s hide out.

Ok. The snake told me that he found him. But that he would not be letting him near me. Fool. That means either he knows where he lives, or…’ Sam moved around the shack, ‘that he keeps him in his hideout. Well, I will know soon enough. I should have brought a gun, but a knife will do. A sudden stab should surprise any foe, but the rattlesnake’. Sam remembered his second meeting with the rattlesnake who invited him over here, when he presented him the wrong person. Someone with the same name for that time, and similar looks. But not “him”. ‘is it a him? Soon I will know. And once I settle this I will finally be free…’ Sam nearly sobbed.

Monday, 14:40h Rattlesnake’s Hideout, Rainy.

Sam lifted himself up through a window he threw in with a stone. He knew that there was no alarm trap in the back area of the hideout, the rattlesnake had told him so. Nobody would expect a glasses wearing weakling to break into the snakes home. ‘Funny’. There, chained to a wall, lying on pillows, engulfed in his(?) own light, there lay the target for his actions. The “thing” or person he was looking for. It was payback time. Sam drew his knife.

Monday, 14:40h Sam’s Home, Rainy.

Tricia was sobbing. Then crying. She had found Sam’s notebooks, most of the writings she could not read or understand, but nearly half the notebooks were covered with pictures of her and of her and him together. With date and place the pictures were taken. There were even pictures of their small gifts, they had bought in their time together. Even after 10 years he or she would buy something small just so, for no particular reason. But there were one word reappearing from time to time, until on the last pages it filled the full page. “PAYBACK”. Then she started to identify again what he was working on. ‘A book about pre Babylonian love rituals with demonic…’ ? ?? ??? ‘What the… demon calling?

Monday, 14:41h Rattlesnake’s Hideout, Rainy.

Sam sneaked on. The creature looked at him but was kind of sleeping. Sam thought it appropriate to introduce himself, even if to a god. But, first he made sure the guard dogs were not here. They were not. Why, eluded Sam. He kept his knife in his hand. ‘Never Mind’. “Hello, creature. Uhm, can you talk, although you are much more than me?” The creature raised its head and a face without mouth nor nose nor eyes faced Sam, but it was the most beautiful face he ever saw. And a sad face also. WHY AM I CHAINED? The head was crowned with golden hair, curling and changing length with a rainbow glimmer… The creature’s body was flawless and markless, Sam could see arms and legs, but there was no… anything at all. He felt awed.
The rattlesnake did believe me, great! He thought of the uranium chains’. “I need to talk to you, creature of power. I have… a score to settle.

Monday, 14:41h Sam’s Home, Rainy.

Tricia read on. Her mobile gave a hum. She received a short message from Sam! “My dear honey-bear queen, the password for the computer is T19X0311CANDY. There you will find why I neglected you in the last 10 years.” She had to smile and wiped away some tears. It was their first real date… She went to the PC and turned it on. She did not feel neglected...
She soon found the new text file “Tricia. I love you. I have loved you since the day I first noticed you. You are the greatest gift any man could wish on this world. And, I am going to repay for being allowed to meet you.”
What? Did he get me with a voodoo or something?’
Scared, she read on.

Monday, 14:42h Rattlesnake’s Hideout, Rainy.

I tracked your history through 10.000 years of appearances, compared parallels and stripped over exaggerations, and now I have caught you.”
YOU WILL FREE ME. I AM NOT ONLY HERE, I AM
An anthropomorphic personification for humanity, yes. But, a man has to repay his dues, I always say…” Sam looked at the creature. He could not tell if it was man or woman, but it was in any case the most beautiful thing he ever saw. The longer he looked, the creature seemed to change; it grew wings and became smaller. Even arrows and a bow appeared. Sam smiled.

Monday, 14:42h Sam’s Home, Rainy. Text File

So I went to find the being responsible for us meeting. The god of love. Eros, Venus, Amor, Valentine, K’Chunga, Aphrodite, Desire, and so on.”

Monday, 14:43h Rattlesnake’s Hideout, Rainy.

Now, creature of heavens…” Sam got closer to the creature. He knew that it could take any shape it wanted if it were not for the chains.

Monday, 14:43h Sam’s Home, Rainy. Text File

I ordered a bounty hunter to hunt it, with the knowledge of my research. I decoded the formula of the name it uses in a specific era and area, and I figured out that it can only be bound with uranium chains. I Love You Tricia, but a man has to pay back his dues, while alive, so, that’s what I will do.”
WHAT????? He wants to kill Amor? He is insane? Wasn’t he happy all the years?

Monday, 14:44h Rattlesnake’s Hideout, Rainy.

Creature,” Sam said as he neared the kid, “I want to .. thank you. Thank you. God of love for this gift. Thank you. That’s all.” He threw away his knife and climbed through the window back to the outside. “Rattlesnake will release you when he comes back.”

Monday, 14:44h Sam’s Home, Rainy.

The Text ended with : “Tricia, I have to thank the gods for you. That’s all. I will thank him, then I will be free for you.”

Monday, 14:45h Rattlesnake’s Hideout, Rain stopped.

In a very good mood he had not felt for many years he strolled through the woods to his car… always thinking about his girl, his woman, the being he now rightfully deserved. A man always pays his dues.

END

ich hasse werbung. trotzdem : tun wir was gutes. unterstützen wir : http://www.journey-quest.com
Alt 07.11.2006, 19:23
Benutzerbild von candyman2000
candyman2000 candyman2000 ist offline
Eagle Eye
Hueter der Heilenden Quellen

Darf ich fragen wo du die aufgegabelt hast? Ist irgendwie witzig zu lesen. Aber hast recht: Das Englisch ist grauenvoll.

Ich hoffe nicht, dass DU die so geschrieben hast....^^

I am The All Seeing Eye
Alt 07.11.2006, 20:00
Benutzerbild von issthanar
issthanar issthanar ist offline
Immortal
Hueter des heiligen Grals

ähem. doch leider ist mein grauenvolles englisch, roh phase. zu faul um es durchzugehen und "kompatibel" zu machen

ich hasse werbung. trotzdem : tun wir was gutes. unterstützen wir : http://www.journey-quest.com
Alt 01.12.2006, 21:31
Benutzerbild von Durza
Durza Durza ist offline
The Shadow
Traeger des Lichts

Ist wirklich ziemlich schlecht

Ich komme gekrochen als Schatten aus der Dunkelheit
Antwort